JWM v2.4 Release Notes
This is a collection of major changes between JWM v2.3 and JWM v2.4.
Version 2.4.0 has yet to be released.
You can download the latest snapshot of JWM here: jwm-1685.tar.xz.
- Mouse bindings are now configurable (issue #11).
- Added key bindings (send#) to send a window to a particular desktop (issue #395).
- Added ~/.config/jwm/jwmrc as the new default location for per-user configuration (issue #394).
- Maximized windows once again have borders and can be resized (issue #392).
- The placement of window buttons is now configurable (issue #19).
- Restored automatic tray "autohide" functionality using autohide="on" (issue #398).
- Added support for CDATA to the XML parser (issue #344).
- Moved the group and list attributes to the TaskListStyle tag (issue #309).
- Added key bindings to resize a window from a specific corner or side (issue #409).
The following XSLT is available to update JWM v2.3 configuration files for use with JWM v2.4: jwm-2.4.xslt.
To convert an existing v2.3 configuration file using xsltproc, run:
xsltproc jwm-2.4.xslt ~/.jwmrc.old > ~/.jwmrc
If you have multiple configuration files, it may be necessary to apply the XSLT to some or all of them depending on what configuration options are stored in the file.
A summary of configuration changes follows.
See the configuration documentation for documentation on all configuration options.
See the ChangeLog for a complete list of changes.